Terms of Service
All sales made by LightFormSHOP are subject to the following terms and conditions:
1. PRICES AND DISCOUNTS.
Prices are listed public prices. All duties, taxes, and brokerage are included in the public price. Local taxes, assembly, and installation are not included. All prices are subject to change without notice, at any time prior to our written confirmation of the order.
All product specifications indicate the certification level of the product. Products are either certified for use in Canada and/or certified for use in the USA using one of two certification labels: UL and ETL. The cUL or cETL indicates certification specifically for Canada, whereas UL or ETL indicates certification for the USA. If the product is not UL/ETL certified, this means it is not certified for Canada or USA. In the event the product indicates certification on request, you may request a quote from our Customer Service department to have the product certified in-house by LightForm, which will add approximately 2 weeks to the lead time as well as a fee for the service to be quoted separately. LightForm will not be held responsible for any products not certified and installed without the help of a professional electrical contractor.
3. SALE PRICING.
Sale pricing cannot be applied retroactively to any purchase. LightForm and its manufacturers have sales/promotions on a regular basis. If the product you have purchased goes on sale at a future date, we cannot extend the sale pricing to your past purchase.
Sale pricing does not apply to contract projects whereby there are quantities of 6 or more of a single item. Contact us directly for project pricing. Trade Pricing cannot be combined with Sale Pricing or with any promotional codes unless otherwise noted.
- All orders must be pre-paid unless other terms have been extended.
- The confirmation shall state the approximate date of shipment of the order.
- LightForm will ship and invoice products as ready unless otherwise notified in writing.
- LightForm reserves the right to accept or reject an order for any reason.
- Custom orders: please consult LightForm (firstname.lastname@example.org) on lead time and availability.
5. CANCELLATION AND/OR CHANGES TO ORDERS.
All Special Orders (products that are shipped directly from the manufacturer) cannot be cancelled. Once an order is confirmed by LightForm it cannot be changed or cancelled without LightForm’s written consent.
6. PAYMENT AND CREDIT.
LightForm accepts MasterCard, Visa, American Express, and PayPal.
7. FREIGHT AND HANDLING.
- Free ground shipping on most website retail orders over $100.
- Additional fees may apply to orders outside Continental USA, including Alaska and Hawaii. For international orders, please call us or email email@example.com for shipping estimates.
- Expedited or Priority shipping is available for an additional charge. Please call or email us to arrange this.
- Free shipping does not apply to:
- Clearance items
- Sales items
- Oversized items or overweight (in an item is deemed oversized/overweight a shipping charge will appear in your Checkout)
- Unless otherwise requested by the buyer, LightForm will ship by the method of shipping it deems satisfactory based upon convenience, experience, and cost.
- All LightFormSHOP.com orders are delivered as “curbside delivery”. If you require additional delivery support, i.e., White Glove services, please contact our Customer Care team immediately after you place your order to arrange this (additional fees will apply): firstname.lastname@example.org
- LightForm reserves the right to make partial shipments of the buyer’s order and any and all shipping costs will be charged against the first shipment.
- Freight damages must be reported within 48 hours (see Claims).
**Very important.** Please read carefully and follow these instructions when you receive your goods.
- Upon delivery, the buyer must count the number of packages: if the number of packages does not match with the delivery note, write “INCOMPLETE DELIVERY. [X] PACKAGES MISSING” on the delivery bill.
- Examine packaging for signs of damage. If there is a sign of damage to the exterior of the packaging, you have two options:
- Check the status of the product immediately and if there are damages, refuse the delivery, by writing “DAMAGED PACKAGING. NOT ACCEPTED”.
- If you do not have time to check the status of the product immediately, you can accept it but must write on the delivery note “DAMAGED PACKAGING. REVISION PENDING.”
- If there are no signs of damage, but the person receiving the goods does not have time to check the status of the products, please write on the delivery note “REVISION PENDING”. By writing this, the buyer has 48 hours to check the quality of the products. If there are any problems with the products, please email LightForm within 48 hours (email@example.com) and include any related invoice numbers or delivery notes so that LightForm can investigate as soon as possible.
9. DAMAGED GOODS.
- If your product has arrived damaged, DO NOT attempt to install it. Damaged items cannot be claimed if installed with the damage. Once installed with the damage, items cannot be returned.
- In the event the products are defective/damaged when delivered, the buyer must notify LightForm in writing with photographic evidence within two (2) days of the date of delivery.
- Please DO NOT discard the damaged item and its packaging.
- LightForm will file a claim with the shipper. The shipper in most cases will require the product and packing to be intact and ready for pick up. We ask for your assistance in the process by ensuring the goods are prepared for the shipper to pick up. If LightForm inspection supports the claim that the product is defective, LightForm’s liability is limited to repair or replace the defective product only. In no event shall LightForm be liable for any incidental or consequential damages including, without limitation, damage to other property and equipment, loss of profits, or compensation for services or delays in site. If the shipper does not accept responsibility, the claim will be sent to LightForm’s Customer Care team.
10. RETURNS AND EXCHANGES.
LightForm sources most of their products from international suppliers to bring you the best prices. Our objective is to minimize the distance between the manufacturer and you, the end user. As a result most of our products are Special Order, and not in stock in our stores, meaning they ship directly from the factories/workshops/ateliers from around the world. Many of our suppliers carry stock internationally to meet our quick-ship requirements, but in all cases these are considered Special Order.
We understand that there are times when the product you purchase is just not right for your space. Please refer to our Refund/Returns Policy
page for full details.
- LightForm is an authorized reseller of the manufacturers on our site. Every manufacturer will warranty their products for a period of time. LightForm does not carry its own warranty but relies on the manufacturer's warranty. During the manufacturer's posted warranty period, LightForm will support you by coordinating the resolution with any warranty issues, or connect you directly with the manufacturer to assist in resolving any claims. During this warranty period, most manufacturers will repair or replace, at their option, products or parts that are proven to be defective. This warranty does not apply to damages resulting from accident, alteration, tampering, misuse, negligence, or abuse.
- Warranty does not apply to light bulbs, and if supplied, are supplied by LightForm only as an accommodation.
- If LightForm furnished the buyer with advice or other assistance concerning the products, the furnishing of such advice shall not subject the company to any liability, whether it be contract, warranty, tort (including negligence), or otherwise.
11. SHIPPING TO USA.
- All prices across the site are displayed in both Canadian and US dollars by selecting the desired currency toggle at the top of the page.
- If you have a delivery or payment address in the USA your currency will default to US dollar currency.
- For most products LightForm will provide free delivery to the USA with the exceptions of Hawaii, Alaska and Puerto Rico. If there is a freight charge to be levied it will be provided at check-out.
- Freight shipping may be required for heavy or oversized items.
- Customers in the USA may be required to provide their TaxID or Social Insurance Number (SIN) to our US brokers as a requirement for the quick and fast delivery of their products. LightForm has taken great lengths to minimize the distance between the manufacturer and you, the end user, therefore shipments often travel right from the manufacturer to your door. Your TaxID or SIN is provided to our brokers to ensure customs clearance. No charges will accrue to your account and no records of your TaxID or SIN are recorded by LightForm or our brokers.