Terms of Service
All sales made by LightFormSHOP are subject to the following terms and conditions:
1. PRICES AND DISCOUNTS.
Prices are listed public prices. All duties, taxes, and brokerage are included in the public price. Local taxes, assembly, and installation are not included. All prices are subject to change without notice, at any time prior to our written confirmation of the order.
2. PRICE QUOTATIONS.
Prices remain valid for a period of fifteen (15) days from your order confirmation.
- All orders must be pre-paid unless other terms have been extended.
- The confirmation shall state the approximate date of shipment of the order if not in stock.
- LightForm will ship and invoice products as ready unless otherwise notified in writing.
- LightForm reserves the right to accept or reject an order for any reason.
- Please consult LightForm email@example.com on lead time and availability of custom orders.
4. CANCELLATION AND/OR CHANGES TO ORDERS.
All non-stock Special Orders cannot be canceled. Once an order is confirmed by LightForm it cannot be changed or cancelled without LightForm’s written consent. The buyer may not cancel or change a Special Order if LightForm has commenced production.
5. PAYMENT AND CREDIT.
- LightForm accepts MasterCard, Visa, and American Express.
- LightForm can accept phone-in orders by: cheques via mail, Wire transfers, and ACH transfers.
- All invoices are to be paid to LightForm Canada Inc. All sales are made on a cash basis unless credit is extended.
- LightForm may extend credit if, in the company’s sole opinion, the buyer meets its credit standards based on a review of up-to-date financial information.
- If credit is extended, the terms of payment are thirty (30) days net from the date of the invoice.
- Interest at a rate of 2.0% per month will be charged on all overdue amounts.
- Payments sent by cheque should be mailed to 10545 124 St. Edmonton, AB T5N 1R8.
6. FREIGHT AND HANDLING.
- Free ground shipping on most website retail orders over $100.
- Additional fees may apply to orders outside Continental USA, including Alaska and Hawaii. For international orders, please call us or email firstname.lastname@example.org for shipping estimates.
- Expedited or Priority shipping is available for an additional charge. Please call or email us to arrange this.
- Free shipping does not apply to:
- Clearance items
- Sales items
- Oversized items or overweight (in an item is deemed oversized/overweight a shipping charge will appear in your Checkout)
- Unless otherwise requested by the buyer, LightForm will ship by the method of shipping it deems satisfactory based upon convenience, experience, and cost.
- LightForm reserves the right to make partial shipments of the buyer’s order and any and all shipping costs will be charged against the first shipment.
- All freight charges quoted on orders carry a handling charge for packaging and prepayment.
- Freight damages must be reported within 48 hours (see Claims).
**Very important.** Please read carefully and follow these instructions when you receive your goods.
- Upon delivery, the buyer must count the number of packages: if the number of packages does not match with the delivery note, write “INCOMPLETE DELIVERY. [X] PACKAGES MISSING” on the delivery bill.
- Examine packaging for signs of damage. If there is a sign of damage to the exterior of the packaging, you have two options:
- Check the status of the product immediately and if there are damages, refuse the delivery, by writing “DAMAGED PACKAGING. NOT ACCEPTED”.
- If you do not have time to check the status of the product immediately, you can accept it but must write on the delivery note “DAMAGED PACKAGING. REVISION PENDING.”
- If there are no signs of damage, but the person receiving the goods does not have time to check the status of the products, please write on the delivery note “REVISION PENDING”. By writing this, the buyer has 48 hours to check the quality of the products. If there are any problems with the products, please email LightForm within 48 hours (email@example.com) and include any related invoice numbers or delivery notes so that LightForm can investigate as soon as possible.
8. DAMAGED GOODS.
- Damaged items cannot be claimed if installed with the damage. Once installed with the damage, items cannot be returned.
- In the event the products are defective/damaged when delivered, the buyer must notify LightForm in writing with photographic evidence within two (2) days of the date of delivery.
- PLEASE do not discard the damaged item and its packaging.
- LightForm will file a claim with the shipper. The shipper in most cases will require the product and packing to be intact and ready for pick up. We ask for your assistance in the process by ensuring the goods are prepared for the shipper to pick up. If LightForm inspection supports the claim that the product is defective, LightForm’s liability is limited to repair or replace the defective product only. In no event shall LightForm be liable for any incidental or consequential damages including, without limitation, damage to other property and equipment, loss of profits, or compensation for services or delays in site. The shipper may not accept responsibility at which time the claim will remain outstanding.
9. RETURNS AND EXCHANGES.
LightForm sources most of their products from international suppliers and to bring you the best prices. Our objective is to minimize the distance between the manufacturer and you, the end user. As a result most of our products are Special Order, and not in stock in our stores, meaning they ship from the factories from around the world. Many of our suppliers internationally carry stock to meet our quick-ship requirements, but in all cases these are considered Special Order. We understand that there are times when the product you purchase is just not right for your space. For items that are in fact Stock items and where you are not satisfied with your purchase, you may return the item to LightForm within 30 days of delivery or exchange it for something else. There however may be restocking charges that may apply.
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
to initiate a return.
10. PRODUCTS NOT ELIGIBLE FOR RETURN AND OR EXCHANGE.
Sorry we cannot accept returns on:
- Special Orders
- Customer Orders
- Made to Order products
- Floor models, Open Box, and Clearance Items
- Large orders over $4000.00 or multiple orders of the same product.
- Any product that has been modified, installed, or used in any way (including cut, clipped or stripped wires)
- Items not in resalable condition or items missing the original packaging
- Items not purchased from LightForm
- Items not purchased by the original customer (we require the original purchase receipt)
Products that may be eligible for return and or exchange include but are subject to restocking fees include items with original packaging, with all original parts that are in original, new or uninstalled condition. If your product qualifies for a return within 30 days if you qualify. If we supply you with return labels, return shipping will be deducted from your refund.
To request a Return Request form, please contact: email@example.com
11. RESTOCKING FEES.
Restocking fees are generally governed by our manufacturers and vary per brand. If your product return qualifies for restocking fees (see Returns and Exchanges) your refund may be deducted the required restocking fee. LightForm works very hard with their suppliers to limit such fees, but these are ultimately beyond our control.
- LightForm is an authorized reseller of the manufacturers on our site. Every manufacturer will warranty their products for a period of time. LightForm does not carry its own warranty but relies on the manufacturer's warranty. During the manufacturer's posted warranty period LightForm will be there all the way to assist you with any warranty issues, or connect you directly with the manufacturer to assist in solving any claims. During this warranty period, most Manufacturers will repair or replace, at their option, products or parts that are proven to be defective. This warranty does not apply to damages resulting from accident, alteration, tampering, misuse, negligence, or abuse.
- Warranty does not apply to light bulbs, and if supplied, are supplied by LightForm only as an accommodation.
- If LightForm furnished the buyer with advice or other assistance concerning the products, the furnishing of such advice shall not subject the company to any liability, whether it be contract, warranty, tort (including negligence), or otherwise.
13. SHIPPING TO USA.
- All prices across the site are displayed in both Canadian and US dollars by selecting the desired currency toggle at the top of the page.
- If you have a delivery or payment address in the USA your currency will default to US dollar currency.
- For most products LightForm will provide free delivery to the USA with the exceptions of Hawaii, Alaska and Puerto Rico. If there is a freight charge to be levied it will be provided at check-out.
- Freight shipping may be required for heavy or oversized items.