LightForm Refund/Returns Policy
LightFormSHOP wants you to be satisfied with every item that you purchase from us and is committed to your satisfaction. For return of damaged items, please follow the process outlined below. If you are not happy with your purchase we will gladly provide you with a refund under the following conditions:
***The Refund/Returns Policy below only applies to product purchased online through LightFormSHOP.com. Any product purchased through LightFormSHOP.com cannot be returned to a LightForm showroom. Online orders must follow the return process outlined below. Product will not be accepted at LightForm showrooms.**
LightForm reserves the right to refuse or issue a refund/replacement item in the event that the item is found to have suffered damage after delivery or has been misused or used other than in accordance with the instructions or if the problem is due to normal wear and tear.
Products Eligible for Return or Exchange.
Products eligible for return or exchange include items in original, new, uninstalled condition with all original parts, tags, and packaging. You may return any item that qualifies under these conditions within 14 days of delivery. To initiate a return, please submit your request to Customer Service.
Products Not Eligible for Return or Exchange
Unfortunately we cannot accept returns on:
- Incandescent bulbs and other light bulbs
- Special Orders (products that are shipped directly from the manufacturer)
- Custom Orders (products our manufacturers don’t carry in stock, custom configured products, or colours not typically stocked)
- Large orders (single fixtures over $5,000, orders totalling over $5,000 on multiple quantities of the same fixture)
- Products certified in-house by LightForm (products eligible for in-house certification are labelled “Certification on Request” on item detail pages)
- Open Box, Clearance, Overstock, Sale, and Promotion items
- Any product that has been modified, installed, or used in any way (including cut, clipped, or stipped wires)
- Items not in resalable condition or items missing the original packaging
- Items not purchased through LightFormSHOP.com
- Items not purchased by the original customer (we require the original purchase receipt)
- Large quantities of the same order (6 or more)
If you are unsure about an item’s eligibility for return please email us before placing your order: WebOrders@lightform.ca
If you have been authorized for a return/exchange/refund, a restocking fee may apply. You’ll be notified of any restocking fee during the return process.
Some manufacturers charge restocking fees on returned or exchanged products. However, LightFormSHOP is working with all our partner brands to offer you the best possible return and exchange terms. Depending on the brand and the product, restocking fees can be:
- 25% restocking fee of the original purchase price on some brands/products. You are responsible to cover the cost of return shipping back to LightFormSHOP.
- 50% restocking fee on some brands/products and made-to-order purchases from some brands. This restocking fee will be deducted from your refund/credit. You are responsible to cover the cost of return shipping back to LightFormSHOP.
We offer free shipping on most orders, but that does not mean that there wasn’t a cost to ship the item to your address. The restocking fees we charge is the original shipping cost, plus 25-50% of the purchase price. Return shipping is to be prepaid. We do not accept returns that are shipped C.O.D. or on our account. Any expedited shipping charges you paid on the original order are non-refundable. Your refund credit will be issued after the item has been returned and inspected.
Please note that due to customs, shipping, and duty fees, we are unable to accept returns on any American orders. All orders shipped to the USA are final sale. This also applies to International Orders.
Product Return/Exchange Process
- Request a LightFormSHOP Return Merchandize Authorization Number (RMA#). Product Return Requests must be sent to LightFormSHOP within 14 days of product delivery. To file a return, please contact Customer Service (CustomerService@lightform.ca).
- We will provide you with the appropriate form to fill out and submit.
- Ship the product back to LightForm. In most cases, we will send you a FedEx shipping label (prepaid by LightForm) to return the product. The cost of shipping the product back to LightForm plus any applicable restocking fees will be deducted from your refund, exchange, or store credit.
- Please follow these points to ensure a successful return to LightForm:
- To help us create the proper prepaid FedEx shipping label for the return, please have the original box and packaging available. We will need to know box size and approximate shipment weight to issue the label. Often these measurements can be found on the original inbound shipping label.
- You will be sent by email a prepaid FedEx shipping label to return the product to LightFormSHOP. After receiving the label, you have 10 business days to drop the shipment off with FedEx, or to arrange for FedEx pickup.
- Please use the original box and original packaging for your return. Include all parts and components. We need the product and packaging to be in new, original condition when it arrives at LightFormSHOP, so be sure to include all original packing materials and tags included with the product.
- In addition to the FedEx label, please include the RMA# for your return, as instructed by your LightFormSHOP returns consultant. To maintain the product’s new condition, do not write directly on the product’s packaging.
- Shipments without an RMA# will not be accepted.
- Send confirmation of shipment to LightFormSHOP. Simply email your tracking number and original RMA# directly to CustomerService@lightform.ca. This way, we can monitor the progress of your return, and potentially speed up the return process.
- When LightFormSHOP receives the product, we will inspect it.
- Upon inspection and final Return Approval by LightFormSHOP that the returned product is in original, uninstalled, unmodified, re-sellable condition with the original packaging, you will receive a store credit or refund. In some cases, LightFormSHOP will begin a Returned Goods Authorization (RGA) process with the product’s manufacturer.
- LightFormSHOP store credit or refund will be issued within 7 days of final RMA# approval by LightFormSHOP. Please note that it may take an additional 4-7 days for your financial institution to post the refund to your account. Refunds will be made via the same method used to purchase the product from LightFormSHOP, less the cost of shipping back to LightFormSHOP.
- In cases where LightFormSHOP begins an RGA process with a manufacturer, LightFormSHOP store credit or refund will be issued within 7 days of final RGA approval from the manufacturer. Refunds will be made via the same method used to purchase the product from LightFormSHOP, less the cost of shipping back to LightFormSHOP.